- Very conservative and play it safe – will generally go via a guided tour and preferably with a group
- Will want the very best of comforts so as to not make it very tiring; after all ‘I’m on a holiday’
- Literally have a schedule to follow, of the guide, and stick to that
- Will rarely know more about the place apart from what the guide would show and tell; and probably won’t bother for things outside it
- Are always forced to see/do what the guide says or the larger group of people want to do
A Tourist hot-spot - The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For more photos of the Petronas Towers, click here.
- Love the thrill element and will plan an itinerary for themselves; but along with the tourist attractions, they would end up seeing a lot more interesting places
- Will travel light and wouldn’t mind putting up in basic accommodation; after all ‘I’m here to see and explore the place and not sleep and rest’
- Have a schedule and plan in mind but are flexible and open to deviations
- Would have done some homework about the place, people and culture and would probably strike up a conversation with locals to know and learn more
- Would generally keep a spare day or two to allow the freedom and luxury to move at their own pace – so it was a waterfront with a monument beside and people spend normally spend 20-30 minutes; I loved the surroundings so much that I sat for a couple of hours at the nearby café!